My Weight Loss Tracker


Monday, November 3, 2008

Looking Forward

So things have been at a stale mate lately. Not just my weight but it seems like with everything in life. It's easy to give up and let life consume and control you, wouldn't you agree? Its easy to go through the motions of life and just....well....be. How does one get out of these funks? For me, I need to voice it. That's half my battle! With the admitting that life is at a halt comes acceptance and reflection. What can I do to change that? What can I look forward to?

Disneyland! A week and a half away, and I'm in a funk why? Well there are lots of reasons why, but I guarantee those will all fly out of the window the moment I step foot on Disney soil. There is no anti-depressant strong enough to stand up to it!

I want to thank my sister, for coming with me along my life and stopping right by me when my life stops. For waiting patiently as I try to figure myself out. I want to thank her for rooting for me on the side lines and for taking the time to pray for me even when I don't. Because of her I am saner now then I was this morning. She is a rock, a rock that not only I hold on to but that my family does as well. She is the link to the real world and the sane world to me. To her I say I appreciate your love and will forever be in your debt for as long as I live. I love you so very much.

I also want to thank my mentor. The one that gives me advice even when I may not be looking for it, but it always leaves an imprint on my mind and heart. He knows what I need and when I need it, and he is truly an inspiration. He is the example of living life to its fullest and recognizes every single beautiful day. He is the epitomy of stepping outside of oneself and serving all around him. He knows the pains of life, the struggles, and the joys. He is my mentor with life and with work. To him I say thank you. Thank you for your most powerful gift to bestow blessings to those in need. At a time I needed it the most, you were there.

So when life is stale, when life is stopped, what do you have to look forward to. Is it something as simple as a mini-vacation? Is it the holidays with your family? Or maybe just reading a book when it's raining outside?

'Tis the month of gratitude. I am so grateful for the opportunity to travel, to be able to "get away". But I am also so grateful to be home near a family that is so close and rises together through trials and misfortunes. Who is there for each other no matter what. I am also grateful for a family, a mentor and friends that love me for who I am, and believe in me more than I do. Thank you to all who have made such a difference in my life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you too, and you don't realize that you give back as much to me! The is a reason that we were placed in the same family together, God sure knew what he was doing. :)

Anonymous Karimzada said...

I'm in a funk too, so I know we can by funky together! Woot woot!!

Robyn said...

Keep smiling Katie! Funks help us to more sincerely appreciate the great times. I read a quote from the man who wrote "A Purpose Driven Life," and he mentioned that life really is not a cycle of peaks and valleys. It's like 2 rails on a railroad track. At all times we have something good and something bad in our lives. No matter how good things are, there is always something to work on; no matter how bad things are, there is always something good you can thank God for. It's just a matter of which rail you want to focus on :) Good luck! Yeah for Disneyland--I'm jealous!!

Nick Pappas said...

Ah, the funk. I've found there is only one prescription to get rid of it.

That's right - Mickey Mouse Pancakes. I think you're on the right track, Katie. ;)

Duffin Fam said...

Disneyland is the happiest place on Earth! Remember everything happens for a reason and one day you will look back and say so thats why that happend.