My Weight Loss Tracker


Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Go Bearcats!


Tonight's softball game was off the hook!! We started off the game not doing so well, all thinking, oh no, what's going on? Well that didn't last very long! The score ended 14 to 5, we won of course! Ron hit a home run (after all: Ron came to SCORE!), Chow made the best play getting the runner out at 1st base by throwing the ball uberfast to Vickers, fly balls were caught, and Adrian didn't walk a single person, his pitching was awesome! The first run that I got in killed me! This is the most stress I've put on my body since the surgery! I'm on 1st base, right? So Chow hits this AMAZING hit and I have to run all the way home. I know, its not that far to run, but getting over a cold and not pushing myself this hard in 6 weeks was a feat! I probably looked so funny out there. All I could do was look down, screw my face up in this look of concentration and run as fast as my stubby legs could take me. All the while thinking be a train like Vickers, be a train! We had so much fun, everyone was a star, EVERYONE! Jane rocked on her stopping the balls and catching at 3rd base, LeeAnn was a killer player just like always! Buddy is the most freaking fast runner ever. I think he should be called the Road Runner or at least make the "Meep Meep" sound while he runs! Zoey has a hurt ankle, but she played anyway! She was awesome for being there for the team! I love you Zoey! Oh and Kimmy Dean! She caught the best throw at home getting the runner out, so no run was scored! Mindy was awesome too! Running like the wind out there! We also had the pleasure of having our little cheerleader back at the game! Neve would yell "Go Mommy, Go Mommy!" But her favorite phrase was and always has been and always will be: "GO CHOW, GO CHOW!" Tony as always was a great ump, I love that he knows us and always has compliments for us. Chow made the comment that actions speak louder than words, as the other team was talking smack. Man did our actions put their trash talking to shame! What a great game! Go Bearcats!!!

3 comments:

Kimmy Dean said...

Miss Katie, you're forgetting to specifically mention that you totally ROCKED! Running, Hitting and Cheering! I love playing on a team with you. Your positive attitude makes every game a fun, exciting and welcome experience. You are awesome and I'm glad to have you as a friend.

Mostly Jessica said...

I would like to dedicate that home run to my wife.

Niki and Jess said...

I MISS THE BEARCATS! Even though I have never officially been a "Bearcat" I miss the games. Let me know if you need a girl to sub again and I am there!