My Weight Loss Tracker


Sunday, April 20, 2008

I live!

Check out the bruise! That's one of eight! This one is the most ugly, but hurts the least. This came from when the nurse was trying to find a vein to put the IV in. Well obviously this one didn't work. :o)

The surgery went well. My doctor told me I was his "star patient" and that everything went text book smooth! I had a hard time waking up from the anesthesia. I felt so out of it for a while. Not to mention having to get up and walk the halls every hour. But that made me heal faster and I'm doing great!

My mom and my sister were by my side the entire time. Its a good thing my mom stayed the night in the hospital with me. My blood pressure dropped to something like 70 over 44. (It was because I was pushing the pain pump every 10 minutes...not because I was in pain, I just didn't want to ever feel it.) Well the nurse didn't really react much and said that couldn't be the reason, so my mom told me not to push the button at all for the next hour and when the nurse came back to check my vitals, my blood pressure was back to normal: 122 over 70. Moms are soooo smart! I'm so grateful for my mom! I got kind of annoyed with Melissa, as she was the one that made me get up every hour...so sorry about that Melissa. :o) It helped for sure!

Anyway, everything is great. I'm planning on going back to work tomorrow! I'm so happy everything worked out. Its been a great experience. Its really weird to feel full with a sip of water. I'm very aware of my stomach and every gurgle! I'm excited for what adventures await!

2 comments:

Niki and Jess said...

YAY! Welcome back Katie. I am so glad everything went well. You are recovering so well too!

Mostly Jessica said...

I had a blown IV like that too once. The bruise went from my wrist up to the middle of my bicep.