My Weight Loss Tracker


Tuesday, April 15, 2008

This is it! Time to fly!

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm really, really excited. Yesterday I was really, really nervous! I asked my dad to give me a blessing and that has helped a TON! Thank goodness for the Priesthood! This morning I woke up and thought Wow! Tomorrow I get surgery! but no nervousness came with it. What a wonderful thing!

So this to the left is my before picture. To me, this represents someone who is going to be in my past. Although this person has had a great life up until now, this person is going to have a much greater life from here on out! I can't wait to be able to enjoy all the sports that I love to play, go hiking, fly comfortably, enjoy Disneyworld to its fullest! I won't have to worry about whether or not I go on that roller coaster, always wondering if I'm going to fit.

Hooray for all the posibilities this surgery is going to open up for me! I know its just a tool, but I've finally found the right tool. Its as if I've always had nails to hang things up with, but have had to use a wrench to nail them into the wall. I finally have my hammer! Like I said in the title. Its time to fly! So hang on and enjoy this amazing ride with me! Wish me luck that everything will go smooth tomorrow!

6 comments:

Mostly Jessica said...

Good luck Katie,
Let us know if you need anything. I'm excited for this new chapter in your life!!!

Niki and Jess said...

YAY! The time has finally come! Good luck...I know this is going to be great tool for you.

Unknown said...

I am soooo excited for you, this is a great new chapter in life and I know you'll make it work for you! It's going to be cool to watch the transformation, but you'll still be Katie and still be my favorite team lead! Best of Luck!

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome and deserve to be able to do all the things that might have limited you in the past. Medical technology has come so far and in the past few years that make it possible for you to take this huge step in your life. You will be blessed tomorrow and in future to have all the desires of your heart.

filipinon said...

Katie, I was sitting on our couch last night and realized your day is coming up so soon! I'm happy that you've found a way to lose the weight you've been struggling with. It better not come back after this!! haha. Well, when you become lean and slim, don't stop being our friend cuz I know you'll be to busy with the boys!!

Best of luck, especially with the recovery after the proceedure!

Anonymous said...

Katie,
I'm so excited for you. You have the big heart in the world and you deserve this great gift of life. Best wishes
Amanda Husted